SwordVania is a small platformer with metroidvania like elements.
In this game, you are a knight platforming his way through a hostile kingdom. I tried to implement some light Metroidvania elements like acquiring weapons that open new areas that you could not explore before. But you don’t have to backtrack a lot. You will find a sword, bow, and bombs and these weapons can be used against snakes, bats, and others. Don’t expect it to be a long journey, it’s short.
- Handmade pixel art graphics
- More than 4 different enemies
- Responsive and tight controls
- Checkpoints save automatically
- Compass pointer so you know where to go
- No unnecessary backtracking
- Pay what you want or free
- Gamepad support